Sep 15, 2009

HELLO

I think I am feeling more comfortable with teaching.  I'm in the middle of week three and things are going pretty well as far as I know.  Tests are next week so I guess we will see if my kids have learned anything from me.  

I'm really enjoying my kinde kids.  Although they are now getting more comfortable with me and school so their true personalities are shining through.  Some that I thought were just so innocent and sweet no longer seem so innocent and sweet.  They are however, incredibly cute.  If they are ever acting up all I really have to do is start singing BINGO(you know There was a farmer had a dog) and then they get really into the song and start to behave.  Last week the mother of my one kids named Justin decided she didn't like the name Justin so he got a new name.  He is now Dario.  It took me a little getting used to.  Justin to Dario is a bit of a stretch, but I've got it down now.  Today Jamie, my one girl, showed her finger to me.  It had something on it.  I said, "What is that?"  She just shrugged so I looked closer, and what was it?  A bugger.  I think about 15 minutes of each class is devoted to telling kids to get their finger out of their nose and get a kleenex.  

I celebrated my birthday Korean style on Saturday.  That means we didn't go to the bar until about midnight and then didn't return until around 5am.  I had a lot of fun though, and luckily I could sleep in on Sunday morning.  I've had a lot of good birthdays in the past few years.  I started my first day of college on my 19th.  I ran my first triathlon on my 21st.  I found out I was going to spend the winter in Steamboat Springs, CO on my 23rd.  This one might top the list though.  I never thought I would spend my 24th birthday in Korea.  I'm so very glad I did though.  If you would have asked me 10 years ago what my life would be like at 24 this is not how I would have imagined it, and I couldn't be happier.

As far as big news goes...Emily gets here tomorrow!!!!! If you don't know Emily is one of my BEST friends from home.  After I signed up to come here she decided she maybe wanted to try it out too.  We ended up getting placed in the same school!  I am super, duper, very, really, very excited.  I thought I was an okay solo traveler but have since realized otherwise.  I just don't really like experiencing things by myself.  To me its a lot more meaningful when you have someone to share experiences with.  I already have our weekend planned out.  Can't wait!

I think that is all I have.  Oh, I joined the gym.  It feels good to work out again.  I still think I want to try and train for a running race.  Don't know if I want to do a full marathon but we will see.  I am encouraged by that fact that I didn't rule it out completely the first five minutes of stepping on a treadmill again.  We will see what happens...

I hope all is well with you.  Oh yeah, and I am so glad the Hawkeyes won.  I think being so far removed would have made me even more upset if they had lost to ISU.  It just made my bday weekend that much better knowing they had beat up on the Cyclones.

Na Zdravi.

Talk to you later...

1 comment:

  1. Don't be so hard on ISU :-) Cyclones have feelings too! :-) Great to be able to keep up with you through this blog!

    ReplyDelete