Jan 20, 2010

"HAHA FOUR CHEESEBURGERS!! IT'S OK...WE'RE NOT DRIVING."

Went snowboarding again last weekend with a co-worker of mine. It was fabulous! A lot of the ski resorts have free buses that leave from Seoul early in the morning, which is great. We narrowly missed going to "who knows where in Korea". We hopped on a bus after asking the bus driver if they were going to Oak Valley, which is where we wanted to go. He said yes, but I don't think he understood us. We got on the bus, and then they started asking for money for tickets. We thought it was free so we were a bit confused. Luckily the guy in the seat next to us knew English and asked where we wanted to go. They said we were on the wrong bus, and they didn't know where the right bus was. Luckily we were early, and eventually found the bus after running around confused for about 20 minutes. It was a great day of snowboarding though. Well worth the confusion. I'm hoping to go again in a couple weeks!!

Moving on...

I've decided 2010 is gonna be a pretty great year for me. I have some things I want to accomplish, and I think I'll be able to keep up with my new year's resolutions. I'm not going to elaborate on those resolutions because I read in a magazine awhile ago that you shouldn't blab about your goals too much. You then start thinking that you've already accomplished these things by telling so many people about them, and never really do. So, only a select few know my mantra for 2010, and its gonna stay that way.

It's exciting to think that at this time a year ago I had no idea I would be teaching English in Korea. It sort of crossed my mind, but I never thought seriously about it at this point last year. It just makes me wonder where I will be at this time next year. I have plenty of ideas about where I think I want to be. I'm never short of ideas. I call these ideas my "things". I know at least a couple, or a few, people who roll their eyes every time I say, "Wanna here my new thing?" Don't worry, it doesn't bother me when people roll their eyes. Sometimes I accomplish these "things", and sometimes I don't. Either way, I'm sometimes happy with even just thinking about accomplishing them, that's one step closer than never thinking about trying new, different, exciting, and maybe scary "things".

There are just too many things I want to do...I can't help but come up with new "things". I'm a bit greedy, and always want more. Here's the current list of To Do's. Who knows? Maybe I'll be able to cross a few off in the next year. Commence the rolling of the eyes...

in no particular order (maybe)
1. sail around the world in a yacht
2. learn Spanish
3. climb Mount Kilimanjaro
4. learn how to white water kayak
5. learn how to rock climb
6. complete an Ironman triathlon
7. learn to love running
8. travel to India, Egypt, South Africa, Russia, Turkey, Croatia, Thailand, Israel, Saudi Arabia...
9. road trip up the Pacific coast
10. climb up Machu Picchu
11. learn how to take awesome pictures
12. learn how to do some sort of trick on my snowboard
13. chase tornadoes in that awesome tornado chasing vehicle
14. read many, many books
15. complete the Ironman in Kona
16. learn Russian
17. learn Arabic
18. learn how to mountain bike
19. complete an Xterra triathlon
20. run a marathon
21. go heli-snowboarding in Alaska
To Be Continued I'm sure...

So here's to 2010. Here's to my mantra of 2010. And here's to whatever happens...


1 comment:

  1. Thats a big list. Keep dreaming, keep accomplishing, but please be careful
    Love Dad

    ReplyDelete