Mar 30, 2010

"THEN THEY WOULD BE HAIRY...THAT'S EVEN WORSE THAN DIRTY."

Not much new here. I think the weather is finally going to warm up and stay warm. For probably the past couple months we've had really nice days, and then random snow the next day. It looks as though the nice weather might be here to stay this time though. I'm hoping to wake up tomorrow, and run outside for the first time since like October. Hopefully I can get myself out of bed. These days I actually have to set an alarm to make sure I'm awake by noon. O'well.

The warm weather is great. However, spring in Korea also brings along something called Yellow Dust. You can wikipedia it for more precise information, but basically it's sand that is blown south from some Mongolian desert. We've had a couple days with "yellow dust warnings". It makes the day really eery looking. It looks kind of like yellow fog everywhere. There is no sun, and it feels like near dusk the whole day. A lot more people wear masks on these days. It is just a really weird feeling day because it never really feels like day since it's sorta dark the whole day. Apart from that, the spring sure is welcome.

Tried live octopus a couple weeks ago. We had dinner with all the teachers from our school one Friday night. They all wanted to go drink more after dinner, so we went to another restaurant to get more drinks and eat live octopus. They cut the tentacles off the octopus, and then chop them into little pieces. All the pieces are still wiggling all around on the plate they bring you. I found one of the smallest pieces to try. It climbed up my chopstick as I dipped it in some sort of sauce. When you put it in your mouth you can feel all the little sucky things sticking to you. Some one once told me that like 1-2 people die from eating live octopus each year because they don't chew it enough and it suctions to their throat when they swallow it. I chewed and chewed my piece for awhile to be sure I didn't fall into that trap. It actually didn't taste like much. It tasted mostly like the sauce I dipped it in. It's just the still moving, and sucking your tongue that gets to you. Dog soup is next on the list;)

Here's a picture of my kinde class. We went on a field trip to a children's museum a couple weeks ago, and managed to get everyone in for a decent picture. They are sometime's a lot to handle, but I love them all. And they are usually all pretty happy, but they don't like to smile for pictures, ergo facto some kids looked pissed off in this picture. I really do enjoy attempting to teach them everyday though. They are fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment