Oct 21, 2009

AS IT STANDS


So this is gonna be a real quick post because I'm trying to reach my goal of getting into bed before the AM.  I would really like to change my routine of going to bed around 2am and sleeping till about 11 30am.  It feels much nicer to get a few things done before I go into work.  

Things continue to go really well.  I had an awesome school day today.  The kids were great and I had some good conversations with a few of them.  For example...Elvin my little kinde kid, who was recently given a perm and now looks 20 years older, told me about how him and his dad will go ski jumping once it snows.  He said he has been skiing since he was one.  I then asked him if he knew what snowboarding was, and I told him that I snowboarded.  He said that he also snowboards, and he loves the snow.  And this all happened in English.  I loved it.  It was amazing.

Then in one of my older classes, I would say the kids are probably around 11 and 12, I told this one cute, little chubby girl Cindy to stop speaking Korean(she was talking with the only boy in the class Philip).  She then said, "But wait Teacher, very important um my friend loves someone and I am helping her."  I asked if her friend loved Philip?  "No she loves boy um same as Philip.  I am asking about buying something." "I see so your friend wants to buy something for the boy she loves so you had to ask Philip about what to buy."   Cindy- "Yes Teacher, very important."

Here are a few pics of my kinde kids.  Dario is my favorite.  Everyday I come to school I am greeted with, "Hello Meredith Teacher, how are you today?"  Then he usually comes and climbs on me at my desk and messes with stuff, but I love him so much.  Elvin just makes me laugh, especially his perm.  And today he whipped out some chapstick and put it on like lip stick, blotted on a tissue and everything.  Then Jamie is just super smart.  The other day I had them coloring a worksheet and she corrected me about the appropriate colors we were to be using.  I didn't read the directions and just told them to color whatever they wanted.  "No Teacher, color the big W black, and the little w pink."  Nothing like being corrected by a 5 year old, and a 5 year old correcting you by reading and speaking in a foreign language that is your native tongue is even better.


Dario- I want to take him home



Elvin- PERM


Jamie with her cookie

1 comment:

  1. What a nice little Perm-uhhh Elvin has there. God, sometimes I miss my kids so much. Adults just aren't that cute.

    ReplyDelete