Feb 17, 2010

"TEACHER, YOUR NOSE IS CRAZY I THINK."

6 Month Anniversary Today!!!!

What have I learned? Not much Korean that's for sure. I did, however, decide I wanted to learn Spanish, so I now have a weekly Spanish lesson with a friend here. Sometimes I don't understand my logic...why not learn Spanish while in Korea?...but I find it best not to question.

What else have I learned? Let's see...I still haven't learned to always pull the knob out of my faucet after finishing a shower. I sprayed myself in the face just last night. It's actually a bit scary when you thinking you're turning your faucet on only to get sprayed in the face.

I have not learned where all my hair comes from. I could pull two handfuls of hair out of my head each day, and pretty much do, and there is still hair all over my floor, and still tons of it on my head. I don't know how I don't go bald when I lose so much hair. I'm not complaining though, I don't want to go bald. I just don't understand where it all come from.

I have not learned how to get myself out of bed before I actually NEED to get out of bed. I don't think I will ever understand people who just wake up before they actually have to, and actually get out of bed and get ready for the day. The only time I tell myself, Ok you need to wake up and start the day now, is if the clock reads like 2:30pm. Otherwise I stay in bed until the last possible minute. I will never wake up with time to spare.

I still haven't learned what it is I want to do with my life, well as far as making a living goes. I know lots of stuff I want to do, I just don't know how I'm can make money doing them.

I have learned how to live without TV. I could have lived without it before. I had friends who doubted that, but now I can prove it. I just watched it because it was convenient and easy. I'm fine without having it on.

My body has pretty much become accustomed to the food here too. This past weekend I basically ate Western food the whole weekend, and had an upset stomach. I really think it was because I was lacking on my kimchi intake.

I have learned that working with kids is exhausting, hilarious, frustrating, fun, annoying, etc., etc. Sometimes you feel that your talking to brink walls, and then you feel like you are talking to sponges. I have learned that its pretty amazing to sit down with kids and have conversations with them. You never know what they are going to say. Emotions run rampant when working with kids, for them and us.

Well I gotta get going to Spanish. I have much more, but maybe I'll save that for a later post.

Hope you all are doing well. Laters...


1 comment:

  1. Mere, someday when you have kids you are going to be one incredible mother :)
    -shannon

    ReplyDelete